The official synopsis for The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf reads as follows: “The world of The Witcher expands on this anime origin story: Earlier than Geralt, there was his mentor Vesemir – a swashbuckling younger witcher who escaped a lifetime of poverty to slay monsters for coin. However when a wierd new monster begins terrorizing a politically-fraught kingdom, Vesemir finds himself on a daunting journey that forces him to confront the demons of his previous.”
- Netflix additionally launched the character descriptions and the voice solid together with the trailer.
- Vesemir – Voiced by Theo James (Castlevania, Underworld): “Vesemir grew up as a servant on a nobleman’s property, working lengthy days for too little coin. He yearns to interrupt freed from his social standing and to discover the Continent to seek out his future.”
- Tetra – voiced by Lara Pulver (Spooks, Sherlock): “Tetra Gilcrest is a strong sorceress who’s descended from one of many Continent’s first mages, and believes magic connects all issues of magnificence. She and her followers work to maintain peace on the Continent by making certain that magic just isn’t abused.”
- Deglan – Voiced by Graham McTavish (The Hobbit, Outlander): “Deglan was raised on the tough, unforgiving Skellige Isles and is the hardened warrior-leader of the witchers. He’s fiercely loyal to his “boys,” and dedicated to doing no matter is important to guard them.”
Additionally, In a complicated set of occasions, Graham McTavish has been solid in The Witcher season 2 as nicely, albeit as one other character, spymaster Djiskhtra. Whereas his character Deglan may even seem within the upcoming present with Tamer Hassan taking part in him.
- Girl Zerbst – Voiced by Mary McDonnell (Dances with Wolves): “Girl Zerbst is a Kaedwen noblewoman who inherited her husband’s seat on the king’s advisory council after his dying. She has since risen to turn out to be one of many king’s most trusted advisors, and a fierce supporter of the witchers.”
Kwang Il Han directs the film with Beau DeMayo writing the script. DeMayo beforehand wrote episode certainly one of The Witcher. The beautiful animation is courtesy of Studio Mir, the Korean animation home behind hits like The Legend of Korra and Dota: Dragon’s Blood. DeMayo has promised that the movie might be extra than simply an motion fest and can make the most of the animation to inform a poignant story. Beau DeMayo, Kwang Il Han, and The Witcher showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich all function the producers on The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf.
Although it’s set centuries earlier than the occasions of The Witcher, the world of Nightmare of the Wolf does not appear a lot totally different. Monsters exist, monster hunters exist, and folks hate them however all Witchers care about is their coin.
The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf just isn’t the one spinoff. A live-action prequel collection titled The Witcher: Blood Origin is in growth. The prequel might be set 1200 years earlier than the occasions of The Witcher, and can inform the story of the very first witcher, with Laurence O’Fuarain, Michelle Yeoh, and Sophia Brown within the lead.
The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf might assist increase curiosity in The Witcher, forward of the premiere of season 2 in December. Netflix might additionally greenlight extra Witcher spinoffs if Nightmare of the Wolf seems to be a hit. In any case, there isn’t any dearth of supply materials. The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf streams solely on Netflix from August 23, 2021. Extra particulars might be popping out quickly. So, keep tuned.