1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and produce it to a boil over excessive warmth. Add the quinoa, cut back the warmth to low, and simmer till the grains have popped open and seem translucent, about 12 minutes. Drain the grains in a effective mesh sieve and rinse them with cool water.
2. Place the rack within the middle of the oven and warmth to 400 levels . Use a crumpled sheet of waxed paper to frivolously butter the wells of a muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively each flours, and the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt till nicely blended.
4. In a big bowl, with a hand mixer set at medium velocity, beat collectively the brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter, scraping down the perimeters as wanted, till easy and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat within the egg yolk and vanilla till easy, then beat within the quinoa, persevering with to scrape down the perimeters as you’re employed. Cut back the mixer’s velocity to low and steadily beat within the milk.
5. With a rubber spatula, fold the flour combination into the moist components. Subsequent, fold within the cranberries and chocolate chips till they’re evenly distributed within the batter.
6. In a big bowl with a mixer set at excessive velocity and beaters which were cleaned and dried (to make sure that the eggs whip), beat the egg whites till delicate peaks kind, about 1 minute. Use a rubber spatula to softly fold the egg whites into the batter.
7. With a big spoon or ice cream scoop, fill every nicely of the muffin tin three-quarters full with batter.
8. Bake the muffins till they’re brown and agency, about 20 minutes, turning the pan midway by means of. Cool them within the pan for five minutes, then switch them to a rack to chill utterly.