This scrumptious Gobi Paratha is a recipe that you’ll make time and again. Also called Cauliflower paratha, these unleavened entire wheat flatbreads are full of a savory, spiced grated cauliflower filling. Being one of the vital standard Punjabi paratha recipes, Gobi paratha is liked by many people. There are such a lot of methods to make these flatbreads, however right here I present you an genuine heirloom Gobi paratha recipe that’s a lot liked in my household.
About Gobi Paratha
I first discovered to make these cauliflower stuffed flatbreads from my mother-in-law. After all, I knew make Aloo Paratha (potato stuffed flatbread) however not gobi paratha. I all the time thought making these parathas have been tough and truthfully by no means ever tried to make it.
It was after I noticed my mom-in-law making the gobi parathas, did i understand that making them is simple and never that tough. I make these the identical approach because it was made for therefore many many years within the household and haven’t modified or tailored any ingredient or fashion of cooking.
The crispy, tasty Gobi paratha are normally made for breakfast, however after all you can also make them for lunch or dinner. They are often served with white butter or curd (yogurt) or mango pickle.
Gobi paratha is usually made for breakfast in Punjabi houses in addition to served in eating places and Punjabi dhabas. We like to have them for breakfast and specifically throughout winters as you get the perfect tender cauliflower in India throughout winters.
Why This Recipe Works
In Punjabi houses, whereas making gobi paratha, the cauliflower will not be sautéed, stir-fried or par-cooked earlier. The recent, uncooked, grated cauliflower is added straightaway within the stuffing.
While you cook dinner the cauliflower after which use it as stuffing, the style of those parathas are totally different. You don’t get sufficient moisture within the filling they usually style considerably dry and insipid.
The paratha made with the uncooked, grated cauliflower combination has a beautiful style, texture, taste and are higher than the parathas made with cooked gobi. Since I’ve made each methods I do know the distinction. So to get the perfect superior style within the gobi paratha I might counsel to not cook dinner the cauliflower.
To make this Punjabi gobi paratha recipe, the cauliflower is grated finely. I normally use a hand grater for this goal and keep away from grating within the meals processor which I’ve.
For some motive, the meals processor gratings are bigger than the hand grated ones. The cauliflower needs to be grated finely or else when rolling, the parathas break.
I’ve learnt and noticed my mother-in-law making so many paratha varieties. I got here to know which might be many sorts of stuffed and savory paratha recipes. I’ve shared nearly all of them like:
North Indian Meals
Onion Paratha (Stuffed Onion Flatbread)
Methi Paratha (Fenugreek Flatbread)
Palak Paratha (Spinach Flatbread)
North Indian Meals
Paratha Recipe (Indian Flatbread)
North Indian Meals
Mooli Paratha | Punjabi Mooli ka Paratha
North Indian Meals
Pudina Paratha | Mint Flatbreads
The way to make Gobi Paratha
Make Cauliflower Filling
1. Firstly rinse ½ of a cauliflower head very nicely. Test bugs and worms within the cauliflower and if there, then discard that half.
Rinse very nicely in recent working water. Then drain the water very nicely. You’ll be able to wipe dry the cauliflower with a kitchen towel as nicely.
2. Then grate the cauliflower items utilizing a effective grater. If utilizing a meals processor, make it possible for it grates the cauliflower finely.
3. Hold the grated cauliflower in a bowl.
4. Add 1 finely chopped inexperienced chili to it (about 1 teaspoon finely chopped). Uniformly combine the inexperienced chilies with the gobi. Hold apart.
For a spicy style, you’ll be able to add 2 inexperienced chilies.
Knead Paratha Dough
5. In a bowl take Three cups entire wheat flour together with 1 teaspoon salt (or as required).
6. Add 1 tablespoon ghee or oil.
7. Subsequent add 1 cup water or as required.
8. Knead the wheat flour with water to a clean and smooth dough. Cowl and relaxation the dough for 20 to 30 minutes.
Fill Paratha with Gobi Stuffing
9. Later take 2 small to medium sized balls from the dough.
10. Mud them with some flour on the rolling board.
11. With a rolling pin, roll each the dough balls to a measurement of about Three to Four inches in diameter.
12. Now unfold some ghee (clarified butter) or oil over one of many rolled disc.
13. Prime it with a couple of tablespoons of the grated cauliflower combine and hold about 1 inch empty area from the perimeters.
14. Sprinkle 1 to 2 pinches of salt, pink chili powder and garam masala powder throughout on the grated cauliflower. You’ll be able to add a couple of extra pinches of the pink chilli powder in the event you favor.
A tip, which I additionally observe, is to combine 1 teaspoon every of pink chilli powder, garam masala powder and ½ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Combine it and sprinkle a couple of pinches of this spice combine on the cauliflower filling.
15. Additionally sprinkle some wheat flour. Because the grated cauliflower tends to be moist, sprinkling little wheat flour helps the parathas to not be moist and sticky when rolling with a rolling pin.
16. Cowl with the opposite rolled dough.
17. Press and seal the sides very nicely along with your fingertips.
18. Mud some flour on the stuffed paratha and begin rolling the paratha. I discover this stuffing approach simpler than the one the place you fill the cauliflower stuffing in a rolled dough ball. However you select what is less complicated for you.
19. Now with a rolling pin, roll very gently and flippantly until you get the paratha to a measurement of a chapati or roti – about 6 to eight inches. You must be a bit fast sufficient to roll out the paratha as we have now added salt to the gobi and thus it releases some water.
Cook dinner Gobi Paratha
20. So earlier than the juices are launched from the gobi, your paratha must be on the new pan. Place the paratha on a sizzling skillet, tawa or flat pan.
The skillet needs to be sizzling and on medium-high to excessive warmth. Belief me making gobi paratha is simple and by no means tough. When you get the knack, you can be a grasp in making any parathas 🙂
21. Let the paratha cook dinner partly, about ¼.
22. When the underside facet is ¼ cooked, flip the paratha utilizing a spatula and unfold ghee or oil on the cooked facet. Be liberal with the ghee.
A paratha will not be full with out ghee and particularly good quantities of ghee, so don’t be a miser. You can even use oil as a substitute of ghee.
23. Flip the second time. So now the facet, the place ghee is utilized goes on the backside.
24. Apply ghee or oil on the highest facet.
25. Flip for the third time after which a fourth time ensuring that the gobi paratha is cooked evenly and nicely browned.
Ensure that the sides of paratha are cooked nicely. You can even press the sides with a spatula or spoon. If the gobhi paratha is roasted correctly then it is going to barely puff up.
26. Roast the gobhi ka paratha very nicely until you see golden or brownish-black blisters on prime. Make all paratha this manner. Stack the parathas in a roti basket.
I multitask after I make these. So I stuff and roll the parathas and cook dinner them on the similar time. When you can’t multitask, then take a assist from your loved ones when cooking these.
I might not suggest to roll all of the parathas after which later cook dinner, because the cauliflower releases moisture and it may be tough to raise the paratha if there’s an excessive amount of moisture in it.
27. Serve Gobi paratha sizzling or heat with curd, pickle or white butter. They will also be packed for a tiffin field.
They are often had for any time of the day however normally had throughout breakfast or packed for lunch field.
As you see within the images, you’ll be able to optionally eat them with uncooked inexperienced chillies. However be certain that the inexperienced chillies aren’t very pungent or spicy. These chillies that are served with gobhi paratha or any paratha shouldn’t have a pointy pungent style and are gentle.
- Cauliflower: Guarantee to make use of recent tender cauliflower. Don’t use frozen or blanched cauliflower as they depart an excessive amount of water when grated – which makes it tough to stuff and roll the paratha.
- Spicing: For a spicy style, improve the quantity of inexperienced chilies. You can even add some chopped coriander leaves to the stuffing, however the style adjustments.
- Grating: Ensure that the cauliflower is grated finely. Bigger gratings or shredded cauliflower received’t be straightforward to fill within the paratha and can tear it whereas rolling.
- Scaling: You’ll be able to simply make a small batch or a big batch of those flatbreads.
- Stuffing: Take into accout to not overstuff or under-stuff the paratha. Overstuffed paratha will break and tear whereas rolling. Whereas an under-stuffed paratha will lack the flavour of the savory cauliflower stuffing.
- Dough: For the crisp and clean texture in your paratha, knead the dough to a clean and smooth texture. A dense dough will make up for chewy and dry paratha. Whereas a sticky dough received’t be straightforward to roll and in addition received’t maintain the stuffing.
When you made this recipe, please be sure you fee it within the recipe card under. Signal Up for my e-mail e-newsletter or you’ll be able to observe me on Instagram, Fb, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for extra vegetarian inspirations.
Cauliflower paratha is unleavened entire wheat flatbread full of a spiced grated cauliflower filling. Gobi paratha is usually made for breakfast in Punjabi houses in addition to served in eating places and Punjabi dhabas.
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook dinner Time 25 minutes
Whole Time 50 minutes
Servings 12 gobi paratha
Forestall your display from going darkish whereas making the recipe
In a bowl take the entire wheat flour together with salt as required. Add 1 tablespoon ghee or oil.
Subsequent add 1 cup water or as required. Knead the wheat flour with water to a clean and smooth dough.
Cowl and hold apart for 20 to 30 minutes.
Making cauliflower stuffing
Rinse the cauliflower head very nicely.
Then grate cauliflower with a effective grater right through till you come to the stalks. Don’t grate the stalks.
Add some finely chopped inexperienced chilies to it.
Uniformly combine the inexperienced chilies with the grated cauliflower. Put aside.
Making gobi paratha
Later take 2 small to medium sized balls from the dough. Mud them with some flour on the rolling board.
With a rolling pin (belan), roll each the dough balls to a measurement of about Three to Four inches in diameter.
Now unfold some ghee over one of many rolled disc. Prime it with a couple of tablespoons of the grated cauliflower combine and hold about 1 inch empty area from the perimeters.
Sprinkle 1 to 2 pinches of salt, pink chili powder and garam masala powder throughout evenly on the grated cauliflower filling.
Additionally sprinkle some wheat flour. Because the grated cauliflower are typically moist, sprinkling little wheat flour helps the parathas to not be moist and sticky when rolling with a rolling pin (belan).
Watch out as to not under-stuff or overstuff the paratha. Cowl with the opposite rolled dough or disc.
Press and seal the sides very nicely along with your fingertips.
Mud some flour on the stuffed paratha and begin rolling the gobi paratha with the assistance of a rolling pin (belan). Roll very gently and flippantly until you get the paratha to a measurement of a chapati or roti, about 6 to eight inches.
On a sizzling tava (tawa or skillet or griddle) place the rolled gobi paratha.
Roast the gobhi paratha with ghee until browned and uniformly roasted on either side on a medium-high to excessive warmth.
You can even press the gobhi paratha edges with a spatula or spoon, in order that they’re fried nicely. As a while, the paratha edges aren’t cooked nicely.
Make all gobhi paratha this manner and stack them up in a roti basket or casserole.
Serve gobi paratha sizzling or heat with yogurt, pickle or white butter.
This Gobi Paratha recipe submit from the archives (November 2011) has been republished and up to date on 10 June 2021.
Click on right here to Get upto 70% off on Procuring
Comply with News Everything for News As we speak, Breaking News, Newest News, World News, Breaking News Headlines, Nationwide News, As we speak’s News
#Gobi #Paratha #Punjabi #Gobi #Paratha #Dassanas #Veg #Recipes