KKR thriller spinner Varun Chakravarthy bagged finest bowling figures in IPL 2020.
Within the first version, Sohail Tanvir registered the feat for Rajasthan Royals.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 has been concluded with Mumbai Indians (MI) profitable the title for the report fifth time. The thirteenth season noticed top-class batting, an distinctive show of bowling and breath-taking fielding.
Talking concerning the bowling, the 2020 version has been fairly particular for each seamers and spinners. On the sluggish tracks of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), spinners made their presence felt whereas seamers additionally shined within the wicket-takers column.
The likes of Kagiso Rabada, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal, Varun Chakravarthy all impressed with their respective roles.
Delhi Capitals (DC) pacer Rabada topped the desk of highest wicket-takers with 30 scalps to his title. Whereas Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) thriller spinner Chakravarthy bagged one of the best bowling determine in IPL 2020.
In a match towards DC at Abu Dhabi on Saturday (October 24), Chakravarthy demolished Capitals batting unit. The 29-year-old bowled 4 overs and picked up the one five-wicket haul of IPL 2020. He conceded solely 20 runs.
Within the inaugural version of the cash-rich league, it was Pakistani medium-pacer Sohail Tanvir, who claimed one of the best bowling determine. Whereas taking part in for Rajasthan Royals (RR), Tanvir bagged six wickets towards Chennai Tremendous Kings (CSK) in his quota of 4 overs. The left-armer gave away solely 14 runs and bowled 17 dot balls.
Listed here are the bowlers with finest figures in every IPL season:
- 2008: Sohail Tanvir (6/14) – Rajasthan Royals
- 2009: Anil Kumble (5/5) – Royal Challengers Bangalore
- 2010: Doug Bollinger (4/13) – Chennai Tremendous Kings
- 2011: Ishant Sharma (5/12) – Deccan Chargers
- 2012: Ravindra Jadeja (5/16) – Chennai Tremendous Kings
- 2013: James Faulkner (5/16) – Rajasthan Royals
- 2014: Ravindra Jadeja (4/12) – Chennai Tremendous Kings
- 2015: Ashish Nehra (4/10) – Chennai Tremendous Kings
- 2016: Adam Zampa (6/19) – Rising Pune Supergiants
- 2017: Andrew Tye (5/17) – Gujarat Lions
- 2018: Ankit Rajpoot (5/14) – Kings XI Punjab
- 2019: Alzarri Joseph (6/12) – Mumbai Indians
- 2020: Varun Chakravarthy (5/20) – Kolkata Knight Riders