Egyptian duo Al Ahly and Zamalek, DR Congo’s TP Mazembe in addition to Tunisia’s Esperance, the 4 most profitable golf equipment in African Champions League historical past, are all by means of to this 12 months’s group phases.
One other 4 former winners are additionally into a final 16 that was additionally formed by Covid-19 and an enormous shock.
Defending champions Al Ahly will proceed their quest for a record-extending 10th title this 12 months whereas Zamalek and TP Mazembe are in the hunt for a sixth trophy and Esperance a fifth.
Mouloudia Alger, Mamelodi Sundowns, Wydad Casablanca and AS Vita Membership are the opposite former winners going into Friday’s draw for the group section.
The largest shock of the final 32 noticed three-time winners Raja Casablanca of Morocco overwhelmed by Senegalese newcomers Teungueth.
Each legs of that tie completed goalless with Teungueth successful 3-1 on penalties in Casablanca to change into the primary qualifiers for the group section from Senegal in 17 years.
The second leg in Morocco was performed in atrocious circumstances that noticed the ball being held up and barely bouncing on a waterlogged floor.
The worldwide Covid-19 pandemic additionally made an affect as Ghana’s Asante Kotoko have been unable to subject the required 15-man squad for his or her second leg in Sudan towards Al Hilal, who held a 1-Zero lead from the primary leg.
Kotoko had arrived in Sudan with sufficient gamers for the sport to go forward however then seven gamers returned optimistic Covid-19 assessments leaving them with out sufficient gamers.
The Ghanaian membership has disputed these outcomes and identified one take a look at was additionally lacking however the Confederation of African Soccer’s (Caf) match commissioner Amir Hassan dominated that the sport couldn’t go forward.
Two-time winners Kotoko stated in an announcement that it “will use all legit measures to make sure the correct factor is finished.”
Within the earlier spherical Kotoko’s second leg sport was known as off when Mauritania’s Nouadhibou had two of their 16-man squad return optimistic Covid assessments on arrival in Ghana.
Nouadhibou had additionally disputed the outcomes of the assessments carried out in Ghana. The primary leg in Nouakchott had resulted in a 1-1 draw.
Zamalek had been given a bye into the group stage as their Chadian opponents Gazelle have been disqualified from the match after failing to reach in Egypt for the primary leg 23 December.
The losers of those ties will drop into the Confederation Cup the place they face a play-off to succeed in the group stage of that occasion.
Qualifiers: Al Ahly (Egpyt), Al Hilal (TBC), Al Merrikh (each Sudan), AS Vita Membership (DR Congo), CR Belouizdad (Algeria), Esperance (Tunisia), Horoya (Guinea), Kaizer Chiefs, Mamelodi Sundowns (each South Africa), Mouloudia Alger (Algeria), Petro Atletico (Angola), Simba SC (Tanzania), Teungueth (Senegal), TP Mazembe (DR Congo), Wydad Casablanca (Morocco), Zamalek (Egypt)
Champions League last-32 outcomes:
- Stade Malien (Mali) 1-0 Wydad Casablanca (Morocco)
- Wydad Casablanca 3-0 Stade Malien
- Wydad progress 3-1 on mixture
- RC Abidjan (Ivory Coast) 1-1 Horoya AC (Guinea)
- Horoya 1-0 RC Abidjan
- Horoya progress 2-1 on mixture
- AS Sonidep (Niger) 0-1 Al Ahly (Egypt, holders)
- Al Ahly 4-0 AS Sonidep
- Al Ahly progress 5-Zero on mixture
- Al Ahly Benghazi (Libya) 0-0 Esperance (Tunisia)
- Esperance 3-2 Al Ahly Benghazi
- Esperance progress 3-2 on mixture
- Gazelle (Chad) c-c Zamalek (Egypt)
- Gazelle disqualified Zamalek progress
- AS Bouenguidi (Gabon) 1-2 TP Mazembe (DR Congo)
- TP Mazembe 2-1 AS Bouenguidi
- TP Mazembe progress 4-2 on mixture
- Kaizer Chiefs (South Africa) 0-0 Primeiro Agosto (Angola)
- Primerio Agosto 0-1 Kaizer Chiefs
- Kaizer Chiefs progress 1-Zero on mixture
- Al Merrikh (Sudan) 3-0 Enyimba (Nigeria)
- Enyimba 2-1 Al Merrikh
- Al Merrikh progress 4-2 on mixture
- Asante Kotoko (Ghana) 0-1 Al Hilal (Sudan)
- Al Hilal c-c Asante Kotoko
- Al Hilal progress topic to Caf approval
- Mouloudia Alger (Algeria) 2-0 CS Sfaxien (Tunisia)
- CS Sfaxien 1-0 Mouloudia Alger
- Mouloudia Alger progress 2-1 on mixture
- Nkana (Zambia) 1-1 Petro Atletico (Angola)
- Petro Atletico 1-0 Nkana
- Petro Atletico progress 2-1 on mixture
- FC Platinum (Zimbabwe) 1-0 Simba SC (Tanzania)
- Simba SC 4-0 FC Platinum
- Simba SC progress 4-1 on mixture
- CR Belouizdad (Algeria) 6-0 Gor Mahia (Kenya)
- Gor Mahia 1-2 CR Belouizdad
- CR Belouizdad progress 8-1 on mixture
- Teungueth (Senegal) 0-0 Raja Casablanca (Morocco)
- Raja Casablanca 0-0 Teungueth
- 0-Zero on mixture Teungueth progress 3-1 on penalties
- Jwaneng Galaxy (Botswana) 0-2 Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)
- Mamelodi Sundowns 3-1 Jwaneng Galaxy
- Mamelodi Sundowns progress 5-1 on mixture
- Younger Buffaloes (Eswatini) 2-2 AS Vita Membership (DR Congo)
- AS Vita Membership 4-1 Younger Buffaloes
- AS Vita Membership progress 6-Three on mixture
Observe News Everything for News At this time, Breaking News, Newest News, World News, Breaking News Headlines, Nationwide News, At this time’s News
#African #Champions #League #Group #stage #formed #Covid #shock